I have a Savior who loves me deeply, so much so that he lived a sinless life, underwent a brutal criminal's death,and conquered death and sin by rising from the dead for me and all those who believe and trust Him as their Deliverer. In Him I find my joy and my happiness. I want to live a life that is pleasing to Him and hopefully the thoughts posted in this blog make that desire evident.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Let's Try This Again

Well, I tried this blogging thing for a little while and as with many things I start and have aspirations about this blog was figuratively shoved to the bottom of my desk drawer and left to fend for itself.  The biggest thing that has prevented me from blogging is not liking my theme of being "Perfectly and Incandescently Happy in Him."  It has a ring to it but it really isn't necessary to have happiness in the Lord.  No I'm not happy in the Lord all the time, but that doesn't mean that I do not find joy in the Lord.  Joy describes what should be found in our relationship with God in a much better way than the word "happy." In fact, sometimes I have the most joy and most keenly feel the presence of the Spirit in times of suffering.  So anyways, I might change my theme when I come up with something that sticks.

1 comment:

Katie Beth said...

Yay!! You updated!! Very good job and I fully agree with you about not always feeling happy. Happiness comes and goes with circumstances, but joy is always available, even and especially in the hardest times. Love you and hope that you are doing well :)